Our therapy services endeavour to provide your child/adult and family/carer with the best possible service. As such the service you experience will include time spent directly with you and time when you are not present.
WHAT do we do? Your service may include key stages:
- Assessment – assessment may include an assessment of child/adult strengths, interests, skills areas for development. It may also include you completing questionnaires or staff doing observations at your home or other locations.
- Planning – The development of plans/goals including specific strategies. The plan will be reviewed at different points of your service.
- Intervention – supporting implementation of strategies to achieve goals. This may include workshops/groups
- Review – review assessment of child/adult goals (e.g. NDIS plan/ Individual Plan)
HOW do we do this? Your service may include any of the following billable activities:
- Face to face, phone or email contact – The Key Worker and other therapy staff will visit, phone, email or Skype you at home or another location in the community (e.g. park, school, daycare, ATE, work)
- Team Consultation – The key worker may meet with other team members for advice around your child/adult intervention.
- Communication with other agencies – Following your written consent, the team may liaise with other agencies including your Local Coordinator, childcare worker, ATE, SCL doctor, teacher, specialist, or other agencies.
- Report/Intervention summary – The therapy team may write a report summarising assessment or review findings or documenting your child/adults progress.
- Equipment applications – assessment/ prescription and handover of equipment.
- Documentation – The team will record what happened during the service, with an agreed plan. This is usually up to 15 mins in every hour of service.
- Resources – The therapy team may develop resources for you to use with your child/adult.
We will be able to provide you with an estimate of the time required for example: to write a report, prescription or delivery of a piece of equipment, or development of a resource. Every client has different needs so we will develop the estimate in consultation with yourself and/or your family member.
WHAT we DON’T charge for:
Tasks related to administrative management of your NDIS Plan including:
- Scheduling/rescheduling appointments
- Creating or amending your Service Agreement
- Creating Service Bookings on NDIS myPlace portal when required
- Completing set up of client profile and NDIS plan on client management system
- Time spent processing NDIS claims and invoicing
- Therapists attending for learning purposes, with your consent
WHEN do we charge?
Your services will be billed after the service has occurred, as per your Improved Daily Living budget management arrangement. (Plan managed, self-managed or NDIA managed).
Typically the billing cycle can take between 1 – 4 weeks to be processed. If you have not received a charge for a service more than one month prior, please contact us.
Your service will be billed at the NDIS price guide rate for therapy, $193.99 per hour of service (as at 1/4/2021). This includes Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy and Social Work. Specialist psychology and Positive Behaviour supports are charged at $234.83 per hour. Therapy Assistants will be charged at $86.79/ hour.
Travel is charged at the appropriate service rate above, one way from our closest / agreed service centre.
Senses operates within the NDIS short notice cancellation policy of 48 hours notice for a planned service. If a cancellation is received within 48 hours (prior) of a planned service, Senses will charge 100% of the planned service charge as a cancellation fee.
Please refer to your service agreement and the NDIS price guide for further information regarding your service.