ADULTS (19 TO 64 YEARS)
The SensesWA team works in partnership with you, your family and your carers to improve your quality of life, including greater independence and community connections.
We will meet with you to talk about your goals and what you would like to achieve. Together, we will plan how you can achieve these goals.
ADULT THERAPY SERVICES
We can help you to achieve your goals in a number of ways including:
- Equipment – enabling you to access and use the equipment you need safely at home or out in the community.
- Eating and drinking safely -We offer a range of feeding programs from individualised meals time strategies up to Specialised Feeding Therapy service.
- Communication – to enable you to let people know what you want and to understand others better.
- Using technology.
- Participation – encouraging and enabling you to participate in community and group activities, such as gym/fitness programs.
- Exploring other sources of funding.
- Mobility and movement.
WHAT DO OUR ADULT THERAPY SERVICES LOOK LIKE?
- We can visit you at your home, workplace, out in the community or a place of recreation.
- We can visit you at times that work for you and/or others who support you.
- We can set up programs for you to do participate in.
HOW DO I ACCESS ADULT THERAPY SERVICES?
Access to our Adult Therapy Services can be through:
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding
- Paying a fee for the service
- Other funded programs
- Medicare rebate for Allied Health Services through a referral from GP
Some specific skills we have within our team include:
- Prescription of specialised equipment – customised equipment to maximise independence and meet functional needs.
- Positive Behaviour Support.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – this includes high tech such as speech generating devices and low tech such as Key Word Signing and communication books.
- Exercise prescription and programs.
MEET YOUR TEAM
Our dedicated multidisciplinary team will be made up of a range of allied health professionals such as:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Deafblind Consultants
- Orientation & Mobility Specialists
- Therapy Assistants
- Other supports as required